Victoria Pottery Co.
James Robinson, Edward James Leadbeater and Robert Leason established the Victoria Pottery Company in 1882 and occupied premises at the Victoria Works on Lonsdale Street, Stoke-on-Trent. Robert Leason left the business in 1883 and the company continued only to c.1889. The Victoria Works was later renamed Coronation Pottery.
Though the business was short-lived, the Victoria Pottery Co. produced very finely modeled majolica and received considerable acclaim. Known examples include a sunflower tea service, a cheesekeeper with bamboo stalks on a basketweave ground, and a game pie dish with its finial composed of opposed boar heads. The mark of Victoria Pottery is an impressed ‘VP/C’ within a triangle of swords.
Antiques from Trilogy
Philppe Meunier & Juan-Alonso Defrocourt