Adams & Bromley
John Adams & Co. produced earthenware, Parian, and majolica operating from the Victoria Works on St. James Street in Hanley from 1864 to 1873. Apparently, the firm was dissolved and the Victoria Works was taken over by Adams & Bromley until 1886. The details of both partners of the firm are somewhat obscure.
In the absence of marks, illustrated advertisements in the Pottery Gazette are the primary source of information regarding the firm’s majolica production. Of particular importance is a well modeled cylindrical garden seat with sides decorated with alternating ears of corn and sheaves of wheat.
Antiques from Trilogy
Philppe Meunier & Juan-Alonso Defrocourt